top of page
Located in the heart of Sarasota’s Limelight District at 802 Mango Ave, the Limelight Community Garden (LCG) consists of an acre of formerly abandoned land. Since September 2021 we have removed years of overgrowth, debris and thousands of pounds of rubble and trash. The result is a cleansed palette, ready to be converted into a beautiful thriving garden, providing an amazing experience for all involved.
The LCG’s vision is to create a community that offers education and interactive opportunities for our community. It will include areas specifically designed for ADA compliance, senior citizen access, and children of all ages.
A beautiful gathering space with untold potential.
The garden opens vast opportunities for YOU to transform a wasteland into an urban oasis. From healthy outdoor activities, environmental education, and growing organic food, this project will be a stimulus to the development of the emerging Limelight District and the Sarasota community.
By joining our vision of the LCG, you will:
• Transform a degenerated property into a healthy environment.
• Provide community-building activities encouraging inclusion and diversity.
• Offer educational opportunities.
• Grow organic produce to support organizations such as shelters, churches, and community centers.
• Spotlight Sarasota’s commitment to sustainability.
• Build relationships within the community.
Join us in supporting this vision for our beautiful city that will reap a harvest far beyond vegetables and flowers!
bottom of page